We specialize in helping clients achieve milestones, solve problems, and complete projects on time.
Flatley Read provides environmental testing and remediation services for residential and industrial structures. We are experienced, certified, and insured to provide testing and work scope development services, including:
- Environmental Management Services – Environmental Site Assessments, including programmatic or site-specific Environmental Review Record, Statutory Checklist, and NEPA / SEQRA classification, Phase I Environmental Site Assessment.
- Lead Based Paint Testing –Lead based paint analysis: Risk Assessment, Inspection, X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Survey, and Clearance testing.
- Energy Audits – Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certified, residential energy audits, compliant with U.S. Department of Energy regulations and Green Building Best Practices.
We also offer the following services through our partners:
- Asbestos Services (excluding NYC)–Building Inspection, Demolition Surveys, Hazard Assessments, Management Plans, AHERA Compliance, Project Design / Monitoring, Clearance Testing, Operation & Maintenance Plans, and Training
- Industrial Hygiene Services – Indoor Air Quality Surveys, Noise Monitoring, Ventilation Evaluations, PCB Analysis, Airborne Bacteriological Determinations, and Regulatory Compliance.
- Mold Assessment Services – NYS licensed mold assessment in compliance with NYS Department of Labor Article 32 regulations.
- Additional services include Underground Storage Tank (UST) Services, Confined Space Programs, Soil / Groundwater Investigations, Remediation / Site Design, and Microbial Services.
Training & Education
Flatley Read is an EPA Accredited Lead Based Paint Training Firm, and a NYS Approved Mold Training Firm. Available courses include:
- Lead Safety for Renovation, Repair and Painting
- Lead Abatement Worker & Supervisor
- Lead Inspector & Risk Assessor
- Dust Sampling Technician
- Refresher classes held every month in all lead based paint disciplines
- NYS Mold Assessment Consultant, Remediation Contractor, and Abatement Worker
- Asbestos training is available with Spectrum Environmental Associates, Inc.
We also provide educational sessions, including safe work practices, environmental compliance for design professionals, community development strategic planning, and regulatory compliance for state and federal grant recipients.
Flatley Read, Inc. provides for the coordination of services, funding, stakeholders, and phases of work for projects of all sizes. We have a full range of services to manage your projects efficiently and in compliance with appropriate standards
- General project oversight;
- Organization of multiple funding sources for all phases of work;
- Regulatory compliance and documentation for state and federal grants;
- Coordination of stakeholders;
- Comprehensive information tracking and documentation – a single source of updated information for project;
- Setup and ongoing maintenance of documentation and reporting systems;
- Creation of regulated documents, including:
- Scope of service, work orders, requests for qualifications & proposals;
- Procurement oversight and documentation;
- Public relations, marketing, and outreach
- Correspondence with funding sources, elected officials, and community stakeholders.
- Organizational training in funding source regulations for elected officials, boards, executive directors and program staff.
Flatley Read specializes in the development of community revitalization programs that are eligible for state and federally funding with focus on CDBG and New York Main Street programs, among others. We can assist in the development of strategic plans, as well as the planning, implementation and oversight of state and federally funded projects.
- Creation of Affordable Housing Strategies and strategic planning documents, including research of funding opportunities, and program development;
- Planning, implementation, and oversight of state and federally funded projects
- Coordination of public input and review;
- Creation of policies and procedures manuals for board, staff, volunteers, and members, including all associated training materials;
- Organizational training in funding source regulations for elected officials, boards, executive directors and program staff;
- Project Management (see above)
*Contact us for more information about our non-profit administration solution services.